Flexible Seating allows users to log into any Host phone, which then immediately downloads and applies the configuration file of the hot desking user, without requiring a restart. This has major advantages both in functionality and simplifying the licenses required for a hot desking environment.
To summarise these:-
- Licenses Required – Flexible Seating is a group service and then Host device phones are allocated to this group service. This avoids having to “double-up” licenses for both the Host and the User.
- There is a charge for each Host device of £1.95
- In order to use Flexible Seating, the user must have the Flexible Seating Guest user service assigned, which is only available with the premium Mobility bolt-on (£2.95)
- The Host device will only be able to make emergency calls or dial into the voice portal. Unlike the previous hot desking solution, there will be no underlying “live” extension
- Busy Lamp Field – Because the new service will download the user’s device configuration file, any BLF keys configured will also appear on the Host.
- Message Wait Indicator – As a device, specific feature MWI is also available on the Host
- Call Recording – The Pause/Resume buttons for call recording will be available if the call recording service is assigned to the user
- Handset Options – At present Flexible Seating is only available using Polycom VVX handsets
- Flexible Seating is only available in the new prime bundles/tariffs
There are four ways a user can associate with a Flexible Seating Host;
- Voice Portal – Dial into the voice portal, whose default extension is 5555, and follow the voice prompts to logon.
- Uboss – Log into Uboss and associate with the device
- Handset – use the Login button on the Polycom VVX screen
- Unity – use the “My Status” quick-access link or Settings to connect to a device, in which case Unity will prompt you to remove the association when closing